It’s not too early to be thinking about Spruce Grove’s second new Kindergarten to Grade 9 school. Copperhaven School is currently under construction in the city’s west end, and is steadily getting closer to becoming a reality.
As you may be aware, schools are not built with local playgrounds as part of the plans. Playgrounds are the responsibility of the fundraising society associated with the school. The organization of a brand new fundraising society for the new school is also underway.
The Alberta School Councils’ Association is offering support to guide interested parents through the process of organizing this new society and volunteers are needed. If your children are designated for Copperhaven School in the fall of 2018, we encourage you to take part. Help ensure our children have a beautiful new playground to complement their new school sooner rather than later.
For more information contact:
How to Become a Volunteer
Parent and community volunteers are most welcome at our school! Watch our newsletters and blogs for opportunites where you can help out.
As part of Parkland School Division Administrative Procedure 491, all volunteers are required to:
- Complete a Volunteer Registration Form
- Provide a Criminal Records Check
- Sign a Confidentiality Agreement
Please review the Division Administrative Procedures regarding volunteers.
Volunteer Administrative Procedure #491
- Volunteers are requested to maintain strict confidentiality regarding individual student progress and records.
- Discipline issues are to be referred to the teacher.
- Concerns or suggestions should be directed to the teacher(s) involved or to the school administration.
- All volunteers are asked to sign in and out using the registration book in the General Office. We request that all volunteers wear a “Volunteer lanyard/name tag” while at the school.
- Volunteers who will be logging more than 10 volunteer hours per year are required to complete an annual Criminal Record Check. Please ask for the form at the office.